Saturday 2 August 2014

An Artist #100convos #2

I met Eugenia about a year ago, through my boyfriend at the time. Self professed social butterfly, whiskey connoisseur and artist. Rarely seen without a glass of champagne in hand, a familiar face at both Bascule and The One & Only. Rumour has it she grew up in a castle in Scotland. Eugenia is a force unto her own.

Over a lazy lunch at Tashas, we caught up on gossip as Eugenia has been away for a few months. Eugenia draws people to her with her magnetic personality, and as a result has many adventures - never a dull moment around this vivacious lady. She remains very down to earth, imparting her life manta "We're all fighting battles that none of us know about, always be kind."

As a "topic" for this blog, I asked her why she paints, she replied without missing a beat.

"Because that's what I was born to do. When someone asked who I am, I say I'm an artist, without even thinking about it. And I think its important to be generous with your talents."

She went on to explain how we are all blessed with talents; that many artists create to gain money and fame . Eugenia honestly just loves to paint and aims to share her talents. She wants to make art accessible. She is involved with charities associate with animals and children. Her eyes sparkle when she speaks of an upcoming gala in aid of lions. Last year's gala, for rhinos, saw two of her works auctioned off. In her own words, "To be able to make money for the rhino's - as an animal lover its brilliant."

No comments:

Post a Comment