Friday 8 August 2014

Anonymous Artist #100convos #8

A different type of conversation, basically with a stranger, about a month ago, late at night, over Whatsapp. He asked to remain anonymous, so I won't explain. The conversation haunted me in its strange beauty and was actually part of my inspiration to start this project. I tracked him down over the last two days, and he said that I could go ahead with this post.

Me: Tell me something deep

Anon Artist: About myself?

Me: Anything

Anon Artist: Hmmm..I suffered from terrible night terrors as a child and got out of them by turning to art...and became a professional artist. :)

Me: Wow! Love it

Anon Artist: Turning a negative into a positive!

Me: Its inspiring

Today I asked Anon for an additional statement on the subject and he obliged.

"Being an artist is an incredibly rewarding experience. Despite all I've seen and heard in my life I wouldn't change any of it if it changed my art."

No comments:

Post a Comment