Monday 4 August 2014

"Love is..." #100convos #4

I met Tanatswa (and Nako) soon after moving into my flat. They are fantastic, well spoken children. Tata is the perfect big sister and I often forget that she is only 9, she has a wisdom about her.

She once styled my hair while playing - it looked so good I kept the style and got compliments.

Tata launched straight into the interview, volunteering the basics.

"My favourite show is Two And A Half Men"

Nako chimed in with "Ag they kiss in that!"

He was shushed, and a small debate sprung up about the primary storylines - in the end the consensus was "it's about kissing."

Back to the interview.

"My favourite sport is netball. My favourite food is chicken, lasagna, and Spur... 'People with a taste for life!'. My best friends are Sawaso, Ruqueyah and Jadyn. I like swimming."

Then she looked at me expectantly. I explained that I ask grownups to tell me something inspiring that they want the world to know. She said she didn't know what to say, so I asked her the meaning of love.

"Love is marriage, babies... And that's all."

This seemed to spark some vision for the future because she quickly slipped back into her monologue.

"And when I grow up I want to be a dentist and I want a Mini Cooper or a Volvo."

Again the expectant look, but before I could reply, she added so advice for us all.

"For the people out there: Don't waste water and then we can make some fishes happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment